Part-Time Production Assistants
Assist producers in preparing and conducting LIVE/taped public affairs content for air on The Ohio Channel and www.ohiochannel.org
Days: Tuesdays & Wednesdays (other days possible as assigned, with notice)
-- Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Operates robotic cameras for committee hearings and similar events
- Assists Producers in monitoring audio and live stream during events
- Completes post-production of events using Digital Asset Management System (CatDV)
- Creates accurate on-air graphics, consistent with Ohio Channel on-air guidelines
- Provides research and other organizational help to Producers as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline preferred, current students welcome
- Ability to work with a small team of colleagues or independently
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form
- Flexibility to work varied schedules. Some evening hours will be necessary.
- Proficiency in use of Audio/Visual Equipment
- Basic knowledge of editing techniques, Adobe CC Applications a plus
To apply, e-mail a resume & cover letter to email@example.com
Ohio Legislative Service Commission Telecommunications Fellowship
The Ohio General Assembly, through the Ohio Legislative Service Commission (LSC), has sponsored a legislative fellowship program for over 45 years. LSC sponsors over 20 thirteen-month legislative fellowships designed to provide college graduates with practical experience in the legislative process. This experience often leads to permanent employment opportunities in the legislature, state government, or related areas.
Each year, The Ohio Channel (with parent company Ohio Government Telecommunications) offers two such fellowships. Individuals who earn this opportunity will work as production assistants in the Statehouse Media Center where they assist in televising legislative sessions and in the production of public service communications.
The fellowship program begins on or around December 1 of each year and continues through December 31 of the following year. The application period begins January 1 of every year. The application deadline is May 31. The only eligibility requirement an applicant must meet is the completion of a telecommunications-related, bachelor's degree program prior to the beginning of the fellowship in December.
For more information about the fellowship, and to download an application, visit the Legislative Service Commission site
. Watch the LSC Fellowship Informational Video
Seasonal Internship Program
In addition to the LSC sponsored fellowship, The Ohio Channel also offers several part-time internships - an excellent opportunity for college students who are interested in a career in professional broadcasting. If you would like to apply for this program, write to us at jobs@OhioChannel.org.