Ohio Governor Ted Strickland signs an executive order establishing The Ohio G.I. Promise, which changes Ohio's residence requirements to allow all veterans of the U.S. Armed Services, their spouses, and dependents who choose to attend Ohio colleges and universities to do so at in-state tuition rates.
- Chancellor Eric Fingerhut, Ohio Board of Regents
- Maj. Gen. Gregory Wayt, Adjutant General of Ohio
- Director-designee Bill Hartnett, Ohio Dept. of Veterans Services
- Congresswoman Stephanie Tubbs Jones, 11th District
- Senate President Bill Harris
July 8, 2008