Ejecting from an F-16 Fighting Falcon aircraft; plunging hard under the water, uncovering a parachute, battling the elements and surviving in the water. These life or death situations are risks pilots and aircrew could face when flying over bodies of water.
In this Buckeye Guard newscast, watch how Airmen assigned to the 180th Fighter Wing tackle water survival training.
Also in this episode:
· An update about the millions of pounds of food Guard members have distributed to help fellow Ohioans.
· Soldiers describe the grueling process to qualify for Special Forces Assessment and Selection.
· The Ohio Army National Guard's Officer Candidate School puts candidates through challenges to develop leadership skills.
· #KnowYourMilitary: Staff Sgt. Raven Driftmyer continues her family's tradition of serving in the Ohio Air National Guard.
· The important roles played by the 121st Air Refueling Wing and the Rickenbacker Air National Guard Base in Ohio's aviation legacy.