Beulah Park originated in 1889, when a local businessman A.G. Grant petitioned the village of Grove City to create the Beulah addition housing development named after his daughter, Beulah. An adjacent park was created to attract buyers. The park brought visitors who came to enjoy picnics, concerts, and baseball games. The Capital City Racing Association bought the grounds in 1922 and founded Ohio's first thoroughbred racetrack. In 1983, Beulah Park was the first track in Ohio to offer simulcast wagering on the Kentucky Derby. Beulah Park also was Ohio's first track to introduce phone betting for local and national races in 1993.