The State of Ohio War of 1812 Bicentennial Commission awards six Ohio students for their research projects regarding the War of 1812 and its impact on the people, cultures, and political climate of Ohio. Students aged 13-18 (grades 7-12) were invited to compete for $10,000 in cash prizes, sponsored by Medical Mutual of Ohio.
Also appearing at the Awards Ceremony:
- Joseph H. Zerbey IV, Chair, War of 1812 Bicentennial Commission
- Hilliard Darby High School Symphonic Choir
- Dennis Hetzel, Executive Director, Ohio Newspaper Association
- Dr. Peter L. Hahn, Member, War of 1812 Commission
- Rep. William G. Batchelder, Speaker of the Ohio House of Representatives
- Mr. Jared Chaney, Executive Vice President, Medical Mutual of Ohio
Student Award Winners (in alphabetical order): Vinay Bodapati, Samuel Boys, Geoffrey Gao, Margot Grom-Mansencal, Sara Honeck, Luke Kozlowski, Karenna Langhals, Nicholas Siebenaller, Joshua Toth, Jack Whalen, Frankie Whalen
The Ohio War of 1812 Bicentennial Commission was created by the 128th General Assembly to educate and raise awareness about Ohio's role in the War of 1812. Learn more about the commission at warof1812.ohio.gov.